Thursday, June 19, 2014

Seattle in June; Traveling, Graduation (1/3)

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

I flew back to Seattle last week to attend my sister's hooding and commencement ceremonies for her Master's of Education, and also to spend Father's Day with my Dad. Somehow, my parents and I were able to keep it a surprise that I was coming until I got there. It was around 60F and drizzling most of the trip, but I still enjoyed my time there.



Leaving SLC


Heading West over the Cascades


Seattle


UW-T Campus; Downtown Tacoma is a mixture of old  brick buildings like this one, and newer modern-style buildings. I think it's a rather interesting combination.


People confuse the two of us all the time...even though we're nearly polar opposites.


Mmm...buttercream frosting.


Gotta love port cities and their hills.


Post-Hooding dinner at Harmon Brewery & Eatery with some of  the graduates from my sister's program.


This is half a order of fish and chips; it looks small but it's probably 6-8oz of fish. The fries were coated in parmesan and tasted amazing.


Commencement in the Tacoma Dome; included both Master's and Bachelor's degree recipients.

No comments:

Post a Comment