Wednesday, July 31, 2013


Last night,while aimlessly flipping through tv channels, I ended up watching a cooking show. I think it may have been Top Chef, but I'm not sure. One of the chefs made a salad on bruschetta for their appetizer.

For dinner tonight, I made my own [simple] version. Toasted french bread (I haven't totally familiarized myself with my toaster yet, hence the burnt spots) topped with cherry tomatos, cucumber, and mozzarella cooked (sauteed might be the proper term, but I'm neither a chef nor a gourmet) in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, white vinegar (I like the punch), peppercorn, sea salt, and onion powder. I cooked the tomatoes and cucumber while I waited on the bread to toast, adding the cheese and remainder of the dressing last.

It's a bit more vinegar than I should be consuming, but I'll be fine provided I eat fresh for the next few days.

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment