Sunday, June 2, 2013

EXO Wolf Inspired Nails

The MV for EXO's comeback title song, Wolf, finally came out this past week! I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about it, but I like it. The song grows on me each time I listen to it. I originally wanted to do nails featuring something related to each of the songs on the album, but that proved a bit difficult so I opened myself up to other ideas. Below are the finished nails! They ended up taking a good part of the day to do, due to various difficulties and road bumps (water marble nails are not as easy as they look!)

 left hand ; right hand
Some of the nails are a little more obvious than others as far as what they were inspired by, so here is my lengthy (hopefully not too lengthy) explanation for each design.



Left thumb: SMEnt introduced two new versions of EXO's logo for this comeback. I wanted to do the heart-shaped logo as well, but it proved to be a bit difficult for me.



Left Index: Wolf, the title song of EXO's new album, XOXO
Left Middle: The design comes from one of the album tracks, "Heart Attack". The bright green comes from the inside of the jacket Kris wears in the MV for Wolf and also in some of the live performances (specifically the black jacket, but it was the one in the MV that first caught my eye).

Left Ring: Another design inspired by one of the tracks off the album; this time it's "Black Pearl". I used black "caviar" (it has some gold mixed in it as well) to make it look like I had tiny black pearls on my fingers.
Left Pinky: Title of the album, "XOXO"
Right Pinky, Ring: Red from the Pyrex shirts and bandanas, 88 from the back of the mock jerseys EXO has been wearing. Black paisley from bandanas.


Right Middle: This one is a bit of a stretch, but it was inspired by Oh Sehun's rainbow hair.

Right Index: Mixture of a final farewell to the MAMA era as well as the pins on Chanyeol's lapel in the MV.


Right Thumb: the wolf silhouette in the beginning of the MV teaser for Wolf



This is the picture I used. I think my printer must be a little low on yellow ink...

I had a lot of fun doing these nails! I probably won't do anything as involved as these for a while though.

Cheers,
Mary

1 comment: