Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Break

I went up to Maryland with my parents to see my one of my brothers and his family for the week. I was supposed to meet up with some university friends and head up to New York City for a few days at the end of the week, but that fell through due to various reasons.

On our way up to Maryland, we stopped at Mt. Vernon.  We got there too late to do much besides walking the grounds. It's such a large estate, but to think it's only a small fraction of what it was when George Washington lived there.

such a nice house



It made me very happy to see sheep there! I think they are super adorable and I wish I had gotten some of my own when I had the chance. 


sleepy sheep

On Monday my parents and I went down to DC for the day. I finally made it down to the Jefferson Memorial. Somehow I'd been to DC at least twice without making it down there?


Sunny, but very cold!!
Thankfully we spent most of our time in museums, since it was quite cool that day. We started off at the Air and Space Museum, and split up after that because I wanted to go to the Natural History Museum and my parents wanted to go to...a different one. I can't remember which, sorry~ (I know it has Native American exhibits?)


Center of Milky Way Galaxy

solar flares


pretty~~

 I managed to make it through most of the museum in the time I had. I even went in their [temporary] orchid exhibit. I wasn't in there very long though, haha. I really love flowers because they're so pretty, but the pollen they produce is usually a big issue.

They had a small temporary exhibit about Korea tucked away on the third floor. It was mostly urns and pots. There was information about what types of materials were used for different classes. Very interesting!!
traditional wedding hanbok -- so pretty!

the back of the woman's hanbok

accessories? I'm not entirely sure. I know the two on the left are worn on the woman's head (99% sure about this)


unfiltered~ pretty sunset :)

The next day we went to the Baltimore Zoo.. it's the one that's a part of the Smithsonian system. Apparently the other Baltimore zoo is very expensive!! 


pretty birds


sleepy lemur! this is how I feel all the time ha ha


baby caiman! or alligator.. crocodile...


the colouring patterns on the feathers are cool

It snowed Monday morning and it was rainy and windy all day. A lot of the East Coast got hit pretty hard by the storm. The winter weather was the main reason I ended up not going to New York. I'm glad I got to see my sister-in-law and nephews!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment