Last Saturday (March 30th) I had the opportunity to go up to Washington DC (wow, twice in a semester!) with my university to go to the
National Cherry Blossom Festival. I was fortunate to have GREAT weather! It was sunny and definitely over 60F. There was a light breeze, so I had to keep my jacket on until after lunch. The day I went also happened to be the day of the Kite Festival, which apparently is the only day you can fly a kite in DC. I missed some good shots with lots of kites, but I like the one I got.
 |
| I like how the filters made the sky look. The kite colours are a little too intense, though. |
 |
| no filter~ The magnolia trees were blooming very well! |
 |
| eh well the tree looks good... haha my face is just too bright~ |
 |
| The only cherry tree that I saw that was actually blooming... |
Also, I got some souvenirs! The shoppers are very big and sturdy, so they'll be good for grocery shopping. I was impressed with the quality of the poster paper; it's very thick! But it does make it a little hard to flatten it out and keep it on the wall.
 |
| I couldn't decide so I bought both ^^" |
 |
| I like how the artist drew the blossoms |
I don't have pictures of it, but I went to
Au Bon Pan for lunch. I generally don't eat sandwiches or deli meat, but mmm it was so delicious! I got the "
Black Angus Roast Beef & Herb Cheese: on multigrain baguette with arugula & tomatoes" (only 520cal!! wow I'm surprised it wasn't more because of the cheese haha). I mostly picked it for the arugula and beef. Super tasty!! I definitely recommend checking them out if you're near one of their locations and you're looking for a good sandwich to eat.
I did make it up to Chinatown (it was a lot closer than I thought) while looking for an after-lunch bubble tea. I couldn't find any though, so I got a smoothie instead.
-Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment