I've been back in Washington for about three weeks now. Sadly I haven't had too many adventures (yet) but I'm sure I'll get around to doing some fun things before I move. I did get to go see Iron Man 3 and The Great Gastby in theaters last week. Both movies were spectacular and I definitely recommend them. I have plans to go see the second Star Trek movie next week. I think it's going to be a spectacular movie. I'm almost tempted to go see it in IMAX 3D, but the 3D gives me an awful headache and I think the amount of motion in the movie would make it overwhelming. And while I am glad to be home, I wish I was working because being home all day really isn't that exciting. I think tomorrow I will tackle altering some pants (the flare leg opening desperately needs to go).
I had a particularly artsy/good-vibes mood the other day so I decided to tackle some side-walk chalk! Below is the result. I'm really proud of the flower; I think it turned out quite well considering I'm not well-practiced in drawing or the like. The flower was drawn from a reference photo on my phone. The peace sign collage also was, but it's more of a vague interpretation since I had limited colours and couldn't be very detailed.
I had a particularly artsy/good-vibes mood the other day so I decided to tackle some side-walk chalk! Below is the result. I'm really proud of the flower; I think it turned out quite well considering I'm not well-practiced in drawing or the like. The flower was drawn from a reference photo on my phone. The peace sign collage also was, but it's more of a vague interpretation since I had limited colours and couldn't be very detailed.
While I was out shopping the other week (mostly window shopping for house wares), I picked up a new comforter from IKEA's As-Is section. I got a queen-sized duvet and down-alternative comforter for $30+tax! Considering the comforter itself retails for $80, I think it's a pretty good deal.
![]() |
| the "top" side is a nice floral print while the reverse is a subtle blue and white pinstripe. Instead of having button snap closure, it has three ties which gives it a cozy vibe. |
Also really exciting news!! (well at least to me it's exciting) If you know me, then you probably know that I love kpop (korean pop music)! It's not really limited to pop persay, since I like k-indie and k-hiphop as well. Anyways, one of my favorite bands, EXO, has finally released comeback teaser photos! Wow it's been 426+ days, way to get the most out of your debut song. So far it seems like a cuter, school-themed concept than their um, very flashy over-the-top debut concept.
Happy weekend!
♡Mary


No comments:
Post a Comment